• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Smart BM3 and ToughPower GF A3 PSUs Available at Best Buy Retail Stores

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Thermaltake USA, a leading provider of PC case, cooling, power supply, and desktop memory solutions, today announced the nationwide release of the Smart BM3 Bronze and ToughPower GF A3 Gold series power supplies at Best Buy stores. These cutting-edge products are designed to meet the needs of the most demanding gaming and graphic setups, offering power ratings from 650 W to 1200 W. Featuring full ATX 3.0 and PCIe Gen 5 compliance and equipped with the revolutionary 12VHPWR connector, these power supplies are ready to support the most advanced graphics cards available on the market.

"Best Buy has been a pivotal partner for Thermaltake as we strive towards sustainability. Through our collaborative efforts, significant milestones that benefit both the industry and the environment have been achieved," said Michael Guo, Vice President of Thermaltake USA. "We are excited to introduce six new models from our prestigious PSU series, each designed to prioritize energy efficiency and environmental responsibility. These models, certified with the eco-friendly 80 Plus Gold rating, underscore our commitment to green computing. The launch of these PSUs at Best Buy marks a significant step in Thermaltake's mission to innovate and provide tailored solutions that promote sustainability in the gaming industry."

Smart BM3 Bronze Transforms Gaming Setups with Advanced ATX 3.0 and PCIe Gen 5 Support
Gamers and PC builders can now elevate the gaming experience with Thermaltake Smart BM3 Bronze power supplies, available in 850 W, 750 W, and 650 W models to support the next generation of entry-level graphics cards. With its semi-modular design and 80+ Bronze efficiency, the Smart BM3 Bronze series offers an affordable solution that meets its target audience's budget needs without compromising performance. Each power supply includes modular low-profile flat black cables and a native 12+4-pin PCIe Gen 5 connector that adheres to the latest ATX 3.0 standard, ensuring future-proof compatibility and a streamlined build process.

Highlighting durability and quiet operation, the series features high-quality Japanese 105°C/221°F main capacitors and a 120 mm ultra-quiet fluid dynamic bearing fan further enhanced by Smart Zero Fan technology to minimize noise during low to medium loads. This attention to detail extends to the precise DC-to-DC design for stable electrical output and comprehensive hardware protection mechanisms such as OCP, OVP, UVP, OPP, SCP, and OTP. Despite their robust functionality, these power supplies are designed with a compact footprint of 150 mm (W) x 86 mm (H) x 140 mm (D), making them an ideal choice for space-conscious setups.

ToughPower GF A3 Gold: Precision-Engineered for Next-Generation Gaming PCs with ATX 3.0 and PCIe Gen 5 Capabilities
ToughPower GF A3 Gold series power supplies, offered in 1200 W, 1050 W, and 850 W models, are expertly engineered to meet the demands of next-generation PCs. These power supplies are fully equipped for PCIe Gen 5 and ATX 3.0 specifications, ready to handle the most advanced graphics cards on the market. With their compact design, the ToughPower GF A3 Gold units are specially crafted to fit seamlessly into constrained PC cases, providing robust, streamlined solutions for any graphically demanding PC builds.

ToughPower GF A3 Gold series emphasizes reliability and top-tier performance and supports a native 12+4-pin PCIe Gen 5 connector, ensuring compatibility with future GPU releases. The exceptional voltage regulation aligns with Intel's stringent standards, guaranteeing consistent power delivery. These PSUs boast an impressive hold-up time of over 17 milliseconds and operate continuously at a warm 45°C/122°F without compromising efficiency or output. At the core of the design is a 120 mm ultra-quiet fluid dynamic bearing fan, providing optimal airflow quietly. Coupled with high-quality Japanese 105°C/221°F main capacitors and a robust DC-to-DC design, the ToughPower GF A3 Gold series promises precise electrical output and complete hardware protection, featuring OCP, OVP, UVP, OPP, SCP, and OTP, securing your system's safety and longevity.

For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

The pinnacle of innovation, tailored solutions, and sustainability: selling commodity components with your sticker in Best Buy in particular!

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
BustBuy....w.O.w.....

The last time I was in a BB store, I asked the tweener-bot salesperson where the PSU's were, and he gave me an angry, dazed "deer in the headlights" look, as if that was a verboten question or something....fortunately for him I was in a good mood that day, and I had a good idea of where they were anyways, however, as usual, they had multiple spots on the shelves for various brands & models, but only 3-4 of them actually had product available, the rest were empty....

Same thing for the Cat6 cables (which was actually what I went there for), they had 15 spots for them, but only 3 were stocked....and those were mostly useless sizes.....6", 7", 15"....

BustBuy...yea that's where all quality mfgr's should be selling their products.. /s

Celebrate Happy Birthday GIF by Kudaberi

System Name DadsBadAss
Processor I7 13700k w/ HEATKILLER IV PRO Copper Nickel
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Memory 4x8gb HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4000
Video Card(s) Asrock 6800xt PG D w/ Byski A-AR6900XT-X
Storage WD SN850x 1TB NVME M.2/Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB NVMe M.2
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Audio Device(s) Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 w/CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Black/Blue
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro
BustBuy....w.O.w.....

The last time I was in a BB store, I asked the tweener-bot salesperson where the PSU's were, and he gave me an angry, dazed "deer in the headlights" look, as if that was a verboten question or something....fortunately for him I was in a good mood that day, and I had a good idea of where they were anyways, however, as usual, they had multiple spots on the shelves for various brands & models, but only 3-4 of them actually had product available, the rest were empty....

Same thing for the Cat6 cables (which was actually what I went there for), they had 15 spots for them, but only 3 were stocked....and those were mostly useless sizes.....6", 7", 15"....

BustBuy...yea that's where all quality mfgr's should be selling their products.. /s

Celebrate Happy Birthday GIF by Kudaberi
I can't remember the last time I actually physically browsed a BB store. I buy my gear online and pick it up at the CS desk (don't trust them to carry anything to the curb tbh). The kids at the desk are always polite and helpful, they even offered to help carry my 6 Seasonic PSUs out to the truck for me on my last trip. I chuckled.

Thermaltake PSUs from BB? I'd have to do some serious research before trusting the two together (BB/TT).

System Name Hopes, dreams, donated parts, and electrical tape
Processor Ryzen R5 3600
Motherboard Asrock B450m Pro4
Cooling Stock Cooler
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 32gb 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) PowerColor Fighter 6500XT (Running at pcie 2.0...)
Storage Western Digital 2TB Black HDD, Samsung 870 Evo 512GB
Display(s) Asus VA something or other
Case Cougar MX331 MESH-X
Power Supply Corsair CX550m
Mouse Rosewill ION D10
Keyboard Corsair K70 (The old one)
VR HMD $4 Garage Sale Phone Holder and AprilTags
Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised by this. Both are well-rated power supplies by hardwarebusters and having them available as an emergency option is really nice to have.