• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

goodbye :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name predator helios 300
Processor intel(r) core(tm) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80ghz
Motherboard laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Cooling laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Memory 16gb 2400mhz 2 slots
Video Card(s) nvidia gtx 1060 laptop
Storage internal 237gb hdd internal 931gb hdd external 3tb hdd usb3.0
Display(s) 1 internal laptop 1 hdmi 100hz aoc 27g2g3
Case laptop
Audio Device(s) ultimea posiden d60 (5.1 speakers) hyper cloudx 2 (headphones)
Power Supply laptop
Mouse razer naga trinity v2
Keyboard razer huntsman TKL v2
VR HMD N/A
well its finally happen my birthday was a few days ago so i got my soundbar upgrade ordered i got the https://www.vizio.com/en/sound-bar/m-series/M51ax-J6 because is has hdmi in a out built into the soundbar i dont have to have earc i can use hdmi passthrough for full 5.1 dolby atmos and dts aswell as dts virtual x which is a sterio to surround upmixer i came here due to haveing to use optical and windows just not seeing the 5.1 connection unless it was in passthrough i then found alenfoxs apo drivers and they worked iv learned alot sense then but sadly for the most part had to do it alone i was very ignored here and its sad to see idk if not many like this hobby anymore or what but luckily ill have a hdmi solution so ill no longer need custom apo drivers luckily i already know how to edit my hdmis edie file so this is goobye i wish thare was more here to help but everyone has moved on to hdmi solutions so i shall do the same thank you to the ones that did help and to the ones still makeing drivers for ppl with spdif or usb to spdif its wild to see what you guys have been able to do over the years ill be ignoreing all threds here now my account well still be active and posts well stay up just for ppl on the search for the usb to spdif solution like i was it was a long and bumpy road see ya guys later :)

System Name Sleepy Painter
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus TuF Gaming X570-PLUS/WIFI
Cooling FSP Windale 6 - Passive
Memory 2x16GB F4-3600C16-16GVKC @ 16-19-21-36-58-1T
Video Card(s) MSI RX580 8GB
Storage 2x Samsung PM963 960GB nVME RAID0, Crucial BX500 1TB SATA, WD Blue 3D 2TB SATA
Display(s) Microboard 32" Curved 1080P 144hz VA w/ Freesync
Case NZXT Gamma Classic Black
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1
Power Supply Rosewill 1KW on 240V@60hz
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legend
Keyboard Red Dragon K552
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC 1809 17763.1757
HDMI may be convenient but it is evil.
I avoid HDMI where I can because of the DRM-focused design.

Which, is funny given it's a direct-descendant of DVI-D

Fun fact: DP carries audio and non-video I/O, too.
Just, it doesn't have a consortium of Big Media Players paying companies to use it

System Name predator helios 300
Processor intel(r) core(tm) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80ghz
Motherboard laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Cooling laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Memory 16gb 2400mhz 2 slots
Video Card(s) nvidia gtx 1060 laptop
Storage internal 237gb hdd internal 931gb hdd external 3tb hdd usb3.0
Display(s) 1 internal laptop 1 hdmi 100hz aoc 27g2g3
Case laptop
Audio Device(s) ultimea posiden d60 (5.1 speakers) hyper cloudx 2 (headphones)
Power Supply laptop
Mouse razer naga trinity v2
Keyboard razer huntsman TKL v2
VR HMD N/A
HDMI may be convenient but it is evil.
I avoid HDMI where I can because of the DRM-focused design.

Which, is funny given it's a direct-descendant of DVI-D

Fun fact: DP carries audio and non-video I/O, too.
Just, it doesn't have a consortium of Big Media Players paying companies to use it
i have both dolby atmos and dtsx paid applications already :) aswell i use mpc-BE and i edit edie files to support any codec i want dont see how thats so horrible aswell i use my surround sound system for everythang from vedio games to movies to music i have alot of new gen games that support both dtsx and atmos not to mention i have a private library of alot of flac dolby atmos dts and more tracks for music say what u well however hdmi can do the most over any connection from dolby digital and dts to atmos and dtsx aswell the compression on spdif is ass no way around it no matter what u do thare well be at least a tiny amount of compression and for upmixing or for matrix encoders it means a huge loss in quality and artifacting aswell im looking for a soundbar system av recivers are too much for my tiny liveing room meaning if i want to keep useing spdif im stuck with dolby digital and dts which is not enough in 2024 for a decent amount of quality uncompressed sterio sounds better than dolby digtal thats just a fact and useing eqs and ehancers to bring lossless volume back to lossy codecs only adds artifacting aswell so it dosent sound how it was intended to sound by the maker of the content movie game whatever aswell alot of pc games only use object baced surround lpcm atmos or dtsx meaning iv had to use work arounds to get some pc games to even output 5.1 which dosent help with the already compressed audio that comes with dolby digital plus home theater the solution iv been runing with its good for someone who wants the bare minimum but for anyone that wants decent quality hdmi well always be the way to go

not to mention im just backing up dvds to a personal server so i buy the disks myself :)

i love that the most reacts on a post iv gotten here were on a post of me leaveing shows why im just no longer posting here after switching solutions and shows exactly why this form is almost dead :)

Status
Not open for further replies.