• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Hits Highest-Ever x86 CPU Market Share in Q1 2024 Across Desktop and Server

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
That's the striking part, AMD has been absolutely dominating Intel in the server space offering vastly more cores and lower TCO and yet that only nets them 23.6% of the server market over 5 (soon to be six) generations of one good CPU uArch after another. If that's not a sign of how anti-competitive the market is, I don't know what is. Heck finding a premium AMD laptop is still hard, most vendors reserve that for their Intel parts.
Having a good design is only half the story. AMD spun out their ailing fabs and now have to compete for fab capacity to turn their designs into actual products they can sell. They can only sell as many CPUs as they can make.

Also, nice doctoring the data in that graph. Here's what's the missing part looks like: https://wccftech.com/amd-takes-10-4...17-largest-single-quarter-share-gain-history/

System Name Very old, but all I've got ®
Processor So old, you don't wanna know... Really!
Unsurprising. This is despite intel's shady tactics that has been going on for decades which they haven't really paid a price for. They were deemed guilty for obvious dodginess and anti-competitive practices for their shenanigans in the early 2000's but somehow their legal team managed to appeal and drag it further and they still haven't paid a dime. They were supposed to pay 1.25B in the states and 400m in EU if i remember correctly.

Now there's just less obvious anti-competitive practices but they are very much in place and many companies can't really switch. Had these not existed, the market share erosion would look even worse for intel.

Server space was always going to be a slow shift due to their nature but it's constant and based on the upcoming server processors from both camps, it doesn't look like it'll stop anytime soon.
Exactly. Server space aside, even with stubbornness of many many people, and slow mindset change (there are almost entire countries, that prefer to stick to old 'always reliable intel/nVidia' stereotype), the market cap and penetration during and after Zen 2 should have been massive. It was Sandy bridge of AMD all over again, but this time it somehow didn't shake the disparity. At least not everywhere.
And I'm not going to mention various Ryzen-specific issues, because intel had them as well, even during and after SB domination and Bulldozer collapse.

Having a good design is only half the story. AMD spun out their ailing fabs and now have to compete for fab capacity to turn their designs into actual products they can sell. They can only sell as many CPUs as they can make.

Also, nice doctoring the data in that graph. Here's what's the missing part looks like: https://wccftech.com/amd-takes-10-4...17-largest-single-quarter-share-gain-history/
This is both great and worrying. Great, because AMD sells all CPUs they have, with almost as less unsold stock as possible. Thus reduces the expenses significantly. But worrying, because, if intel won't get their heads out their ... place, and start making competitive products, AMD's domination might end up worse than intel's one.

Why? Because intel was always OEM oriented first, and then consumer. They make tons of products, thus makes them cheaper to produce and distribute through reliable channels. And if needed they can be sold at lower prices with lower profits, but still be sold.
AMD on the other hand, has no big stock, and the product supply is scarcer. So if they would feel like the time has come, they can rise the prices, and it would look justified. They already tried it with Zen 3, and milked people for a good half-year/year (depending or region) during Cov and after. So...

As of factories, as I've said before... it maybe has sense for AMD to have own fab again, if they are so inclined into AI, as the time matters. nVidia won't dominate this market forever, and when/if custom ASICs will come, they will hurt not only nVidia, but all GPU market as well. So since TSMC's capacities are filled with nVidia allocations, AMD is wasting time, by waiting their own orders fullfilled. Not to mention the ever rising price growth for TSMC's nodes, and possible draught,s earthquakes, etc.

Last edited:
System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MT/s CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
I’m still waiting for the day that I get issued an AMD machine at work. I think Intel still really has the corporate world locked up.
That is me with my work laptop.

I'd prefer an ARM laptop for work. Need the amazing battery life and low temps. The current crop of x86 laptops should be called crotch scorchers.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
I'd prefer an ARM laptop for work. Need the amazing battery life and low temps. The current crop of x86 laptops should be called crotch scorchers.

AMD doesn't lie like intel, so a 15W tdp doesn't actually use 45-65W like intel.
They run cool as can be.

Processor AMD 7600x
Motherboard Asrock x670e Steel Legend
Cooling Silver Arrow Extreme IBe Rev B with 2x 120 Gentle Typhoons
Memory 4x16Gb Patriot Viper Non RGB @ 6000 30-36-36-36-40
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT MERC 319
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 1Tb NVME
Display(s) 3x Dell Ultrasharp U2414h
Case Coolermaster Stacker 832
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower PF3 850 watt
Mouse Logitech G502 (OG)
Keyboard Logitech G512
Companies want stability/reliability and also they don't want to have issues with BIOS'es and no beta BIOS'es...
Also there is the old mantra of

"No one got fired for Ordering IBM Intel"

Many people in high positions dont want to rock the boat for gains they cant see/understand. Also its only in very recent times that AMD penetration into the main SIs have been on par with Intel. Dell and HP servers are actually pretty hard to get an AMD equipped version vs an Intel option

HP:
1715381672375.png

Dell:
1715381692556.png

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Exactly. Server space aside, even with stubbornness of many many people, and slow mindset change (there are almost entire countries, that prefer to stick to old 'always reliable intel/nVidia' stereotype), the market cap and penetration during and after Zen 2 should have been massive. It was Sandy bridge of AMD all over again, but this time it somehow didn't shake the disparity. At least not everywhere.
And I'm not going to mention various Ryzen-specific issues, because intel had them as well, even during and after SB domination and Bulldozer collapse.

This is both great and worrying. Great, because AMD sells all CPUs they have, with almost as less unsold stock as possible. Thus reduces the expenses significantly. But worrying, because, if intel won't get their heads out their ... place, and start making competitive products, AMD's domination might end up worse than intel's one.

Why? Because intel was always OEM oriented first, and then consumer. They make tons of products, thus makes them cheaper to produce and distribute through reliable channels. And if needed they can be sold at lower prices with lower profits, but still be sold.
AMD on the other hand, has no big stock, and the product supply is scarcer. So if they would feel like the time has come, they can rise the prices, and it would look justified. They already tried it with Zen 3, and milked people for a good half-year/year (depending or region) during Cov and after. So...

As of factories, as I've said before... it maybe has sense for AMD to have own fab again, if they are so inclined into AI, as the time matters. nVidia won't dominate this market forever, and when/if custom ASICs will come, they will hurt not only nVidia, but all GPU market as well. So since TSMC's capacities are filled with nVidia allocations, AMD is wasting time, by waiting their own orders fullfilled. Not to mention the ever rising price growth for TSMC's nodes, and possible draught,s earthquakes, etc.
If I was AMD, I would take advantage of the Chips Act and do a collaboration with TSMC to build a Fab on the Continental US.

System Name The Phantom in the Black Tower
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X570 Pro4 AM4
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism, 5 x Cooler Master Sickleflow 120mm
Memory 64GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3600 CL18 (4×16GB)
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC 24GB
Storage WDS500G3X0E (OS), WDS100T2B0C, TM8FP6002T0C101 (x2) and ~40TB of total HDD space
Display(s) Haier 55E5500U 55" 2160p60Hz
Case Ultra U12-40670 Super Tower
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z200
Power Supply EVGA 1000 G2 Supernova 1kW 80+Gold-Certified
Mouse Logitech MK320
Keyboard Logitech MK320
VR HMD None
Software Windows 10 Professional
Benchmark Scores Fire Strike Ultra: 19484 Time Spy Extreme: 11006 Port Royal: 16545 SuperPosition 4K Optimised: 23439
I remember when EPYC was first released and that actually excited more than Ryzen (even though I knew that I would never own an EPYC CPU) because I knew that it was key to AMD distancing itself from insolvency which would provide the R&D funds for more innovations in both CPUs and GPUs. Client PCs are just the icing on the cake for semiconductor companies like AMD while the data centre side is their bread-and-butter.

I look at it almost the way I look at a musical group. Client PCs are like radio play, they're essentially low-profit advertising. Data centres are like album and concert sales. One of the things that hurt AMD the most in the early 2000s was the fact that, outside of enthusiasts, nobody knew or trusted the name AMD. AMD was like an unknown band trying to sell albums and fill concerts, which doesn't work very well. AMD used to do extremely well in the data centre with Opteron but, when Intel pulled so far ahead of AMD with regard to power efficiency, that was the death knell for Opteron.

When people saw what Zen could do, it prompted companies to adopt it for their servers. Once it was known just how amazing EPYC CPUs were, things just started snowballing. Then when the US government chose AMD EPYC and Radeon Instinct for the Frontier Supercomputer, that would be a huge test and it blew every other supercomputer on Earth out of the water. It out-processes the second place supercomputer, the Xeon-based Aurora by close to 60%. The next monster exascale supercomputer, El Capitan, will also be using EPYC and Radeon Instinct. It will surpass Frontier, which means that that two most powerful supercomputers on Earth will be powered by EPYC and Instinct.

Things like that are what drive interest in your product because it means that you have the best products. The US Government has an essentially unlimited budget and if they choose you, well, it sends a very potent message through the entire industry.

System Name 1. Glasshouse 2. Odin OneEye
Processor 1. Ryzen 9 5900X (manual PBO) 2. Ryzen 9 7900X
Motherboard 1. MSI x570 Tomahawk wifi 2. Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 670E
Cooling 1. Noctua NH D15 Chromax Black 2. Custom Loop 3x360mm (60mm) rads & T30 fans/Aquacomputer NEXT w/b
Memory 1. G Skill Neo 16GBx4 (3600MHz 16/16/16/36) 2. Kingston Fury 16GBx2 DDR5 CL36
Video Card(s) 1. Asus Strix Vega 64 2. Powercolor Liquid Devil 7900XTX
Storage 1. Corsair Force MP600 (1TB) & Sabrent Rocket 4 (2TB) 2. Kingston 3000 (1TB) and Hynix p41 (2TB)
Display(s) 1. Samsung U28E590 10bit 4K@60Hz 2. LG C2 42 inch 10bit 4K@120Hz
Case 1. Corsair Crystal 570X White 2. Cooler Master HAF 700 EVO
Audio Device(s) 1. Creative Speakers 2. Built in LG monitor speakers
Power Supply 1. Corsair RM850x 2. Superflower Titanium 1600W
Mouse 1. Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro (grey) 2. Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro (black)
Keyboard Leopold High End Mechanical
Software Windows 11
I'm shocked the gap is still this big.

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
As the fan boys go wild, and the Saudi prince celebrates.
AMD gaining marketshare is OBJECTIVELY good for all consumers and anyone into x86 computing.

Companies want stability/reliability and also they don't want to have issues with BIOS'es and no beta BIOS'es...
Do you have anything tangible to prove this is the vase? Or are you leaning on an old.myth?

I'm shocked the gap is still this big.
I was too, but then the other day I was talking to a coworker who is in the market for a laptop....he is your typical consumer, and his thoughts on AMD was thst it was a second-choice, inferior product. This is rhe majority of consumers and unfortunately not only do they not educate themselves, but salespeople at places like Best Buy do not educate them either.

As far as the .majority of consumers are concerned, AMD doesn't even exist....it's not even a thought to be entertained....to them Intel is literally synonymous with "laptop"....and that's a very hard thing to change.

System Name Very old, but all I've got ®
Processor So old, you don't wanna know... Really!
One of the things that hurt AMD the most in the early 2000s was the fact that, outside of enthusiasts, nobody knew or trusted the name AMD.
This is still hapoening to this very day, and is partly a reason the gap is still huge.
But, can't say the Athlon, for example was unknown outside enthusiasts and OCcrowd. From personal experience, Barton was the next OC potential after Celeron 633. And both were kind of cheaper solutions, compared to Pentium's exstortion level prices. And even for non-OC people, Athlon was much more interesting product, as it was much more affordable, and had almost free bonus MHz.
And then was Athlon and Athlon X2, which undercut the cooler melting P4, and especially Pentium D, at every corner, while being the better performants at the same time.
The US Government has an essentially unlimited budget and if they choose you, well, it sends a very potent message through the entire industry.
But with a serious catch, of being forced to include even more backdoors, which leading to horrible vulnuerabilities, that won't be ever fixed or patched, due to obvious reasons.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Do you have anything tangible to prove this is the vase? Or are you leaning on an old.myth?
Have we forgotten the early days of Zen, when getting memory to work was an adventure on its own? No longer an issue afaict since EXPO, but it wasn't fun before that.
But again, the reason AMD can't capture market share is they can't actually build the chips in large enough quantities.

AMD doesn't lie like intel, so a 15W tdp doesn't actually use 45-65W like intel.
They run cool as can be.
If you can burst to 60W for a second and finish a job that would take 5-6 seconds to finish at 15W, you're saving power. Just saying.

And if you really don't want high power draw, just pick a model that actually lets you control the TDP in the BIOS and cap it to whatever you like. Yes, cTDP is a thing, but manufacturers prefer to set it as high as their cooling solution allows and then disable the control in the BIOS :(

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15s/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives-Crucial P5 500GB 4x4/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4/WD SN850X 2TB 4x4
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Who cares
AMD need their own fabs, but it will never happen, they just don't have the funds to do it. People poke fun at Intel woes with its fabs, but at least they have them, and they have the cash to buy production from TSMC. At some point Intel will fix the woes with their fabs and that will make AMDs problems worse.

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
Most public institutions I've done security assessments for have a contract with Intel to get cheaper prices on Intel products if they agree to only purchase Intel for their x86 needs. They'll allow chromebooks but the computer lab must use Intel processors. There are times where I almost hope ARM takes over x86's domain so that someone can finally put a stop to Intel's nonsense.
Pretty sure that's illegal... And ironically that's one of the reasons why Intel lost, antitrust lol.

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
Pretty sure that's illegal... And ironically that's one of the reasons why Intel lost, antitrust lol.

When the reward is greater than the punishment, it's not illegal but merely a cost of doing business.

Intel had a decade of complete monopoly over the x86 market due to their anti-competitive practices and it still commands a vast majority of the market today. They wasted all that time making barely any improvements while shoveling out excuses like "TIM is better than solder" and 'performance improvements on x86 over 10% are impossible'. People actually believed that BS. Intel wasted so much time and money pursuing other markets like SSDs and NICs, which only diluted their company focus.

Intel still of which has yet to even pay the fine. It was dropped in 2022 and re-imposed in 2023 for a 1/3rd of the original value, of which to date still has yet to be paid. I wouldn't even call the amount in today's dollars a slap on the wrist, it's proof positive that companies should be encouraged to play unfairly because even if you do eventually have to pay by the time you do the amount will be so small as to be irrelevant. Until there's some serious consequences, any business would have to be crazy not to break the law.

Ironic statement given the current Intel instability issues.

Overall CPU stability / reliability is a solved issue that shouldn't be a concern outside of edge cases like Intel's current stability problem.

Hopefully their epyc/server systems are doing better....

I'm looking at your linked search results and most of those entries have nothing to do with BIOS issues, just BIOS updates. If your point was that AMD releases too many BIOS updates, I'd like to point out that most Intel business products (like those sold through Dell) have BIOS updates monthly. Mind you, I don't believe leading a search result to a specific conclusion is a faithful representation of anything. It's like asking someone why they robbed a bank without ascertaining whether they are even a suspect. It's a one sided statement that ignores everything else in order to lead a conversation to a specific conclusion You could search anything problem and it will come up with results.

Last edited:
AMD need their own fabs, but it will never happen, they just don't have the funds to do it. People poke fun at Intel woes with its fabs, but at least they have them, and they have the cash to buy production from TSMC. At some point Intel will fix the woes with their fabs and that will make AMDs problems worse.
LOL, Intel's FABs are separate entity and are in the business to make money, AMD will one day probably be a customer and even Pat with all his hubris said he would welcome them as a customer. Luckily most rational business don't act like fanboys and trolls.

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
LOL, Intel's FABs are separate entity and are in the business to make money, AMD will one day probably be a customer and even Pat with all his hubris said he would welcome them as a customer. Luckily most rational business don't act like fanboys and trolls.
Ironically, dumping their fabs helped save them from bankruptcy.

This is still hapoening to this very day, and is partly a reason the gap is still huge.
But, can't say the Athlon, for example was unknown outside enthusiasts and OCcrowd. From personal experience, Barton was the next OC potential after Celeron 633. And both were kind of cheaper solutions, compared to Pentium's exstortion level prices. And even for non-OC people, Athlon was much more interesting product, as it was much more affordable, and had almost free bonus MHz.
And then was Athlon and Athlon X2, which undercut the cooler melting P4, and especially Pentium D, at every corner, while being the better performants at the same time.

But with a serious catch, of being forced to include even more backdoors, which leading to horrible vulnuerabilities, that won't be ever fixed or patched, due to obvious reasons.

The Athlon/Athlon XP era was the prime time of Intel's anti competitive practices when it was at its worst. I was there at the time doing business in another part of the globe and you'd be surprised at the sheer reach of intel, they were everywhere. So AMD never got the market share they should have had in that era which coupled with a few other silly decisions hurt them later.

They literally had to do the whole mindset switch after Zen all over again because of all the failures since Athlon 64. This is not against any of you still rocking a Phenom x6 1090T, that was the last good AMD chip till Zen 1. So it takes years of them being competitive for the mindset to switch en masse.
When the reward is greater than the punishment, it's not illegal but merely a cost of doing business.

Intel had a decade of complete monopoly over the x86 market due to their anti-competitive practices and it still commands a vast majority of the market today. They wasted all that time making barely any improvements while shoveling out excuses like "TIM is better than solder" and 'performance improvements on x86 over 10% are impossible'. People actually believed that BS. Intel wasted so much time and money pursuing other markets like SSDs and NICs, which only diluted their company focus.

Intel still of which has yet to even pay the fine. It was dropped in 2022 and re-imposed in 2023 for a 1/3rd of the original value, of which to date still has yet to be paid. I wouldn't even call the amount in today's dollars a slap on the wrist, it's proof positive that companies should be encouraged to play unfairly because even if you do eventually have to pay by the time you do the amount will be so small as to be irrelevant. Until there's some serious consequences, any business would have to be crazy not to break the law.

Ironic statement given the current Intel instability issues.

Overall CPU stability / reliability is a solved issue that shouldn't be a concern outside of edge cases like Intel's current stability problem.

I'm looking at your linked search results and most of those entries have nothing to do with BIOS issues, just BIOS updates. If your point was that AMD releases too many BIOS updates, I'd like to point out that most Intel business products (like those sold through Dell) have BIOS updates monthly. Mind you, I don't believe leading a search result to a specific conclusion is a faithful representation of anything. It's like asking someone why they robbed a bank without ascertaining whether they are even a suspect. It's a one sided statement that ignores everything else in order to lead a conversation to a specific conclusion You could search anything problem and it will come up with results.

Yeah that fine intel got is one of the jokes of the era. Almost two eras now and if anything it should go up. And he's an obvious troll just ignore him, he got no responses in his last troll post and his second post reeks of desperation. I clicked it and found no real problems and he's posting it at a time when there's an obvious ongoing problem in the intel camp

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Audio Device(s) KEF LSX II LT speakers + KEF KC62 Subwoofer
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
Well Intel is like the clown of tech world atm LOL. Good that AMD is taking marketshare away from Intel.

If we talk about stocks, AMD is worth 2x as much as Intel right now, making Intel effectively the underdog.

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15s/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives-Crucial P5 500GB 4x4/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4/WD SN850X 2TB 4x4
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Who cares
Well Intel is like the clown of tech world atm LOL. Good that AMD is taking marketshare away from Intel.

If we talk about stocks, AMD is worth 2x as much as Intel right now, making Intel effectively the underdog.

Tell that to the 76% more people using Intel.

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Audio Device(s) KEF LSX II LT speakers + KEF KC62 Subwoofer
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
Tell that to the 76% more people using Intel.

Tell them what? Tell them to upgrade to AMD platform, despite it making practically no difference?